gets classification tree of a taxon
tree = pedigree (taxon)
gets a tree of all species in the add_my_pet collection that belong to a particular taxon and writes the value of a parameter or statistic behind entry names.
- taxon: optional character string with name of taxon (default 'Animalia')
- var: character string with parameter or statistic
- character string with a tree of all species in the add_my_pet collection that belong to that taxon
- nm: n-cellstring with names of entries (non-empty if var is specified)
- val: n-vector with values for parameter or statistic (non-empty if var is specified)
- units: charactore string with units (non-empty if var is specified)
- label: charactore string with label (non-empty if var is specified)
The default root is Animalia. If chosen as taxon, a tree of all species in the collection results. New lines are written with char(10), tabs with char(9). The classification follows that of Wikipedia. See prtStat for lists without tree. See treeview_taxa for an interactive tree in html.
Example of use
tree = pedigree or tree = pedigree('Mollusca') or pedigree('Alcidae', 'p_M')